Sunday, March 4, 2012

Is Your Camera Always Ready


I grew up in a camera ready family. Every event was documented with slides, prints, Polaroids, 8mm silent movies and VHS tapes.

It finally came time for me to treat myself to a new fancy digital camera... so I did.  It was time to pack the old SLR workhorse into a box and start using a digital that would go everywhere I did (including trips to the corner store).

On a routine day coming back from an errand, I spotted a hawk watching from a tree. It took driving around the block a couple of times to get positioned so I could photograph it from the driver side window (while in a safe spot on the side of the road).  The hawk actually stayed there the whole time and allowed the photo op.  Thank you Mr. hawk.  Sometimes the unexpected treat will come along and the photographer with a ready camera will receive the reward. 

Is your camera always ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment